Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Thai Chicken and Spicy Asian Noodles

I got this recipe from Heidi McClintock (Hobbs) when we moved up to Utah over a year ago. We love it. And for a while we were making it at least once a week! Enjoy!

8oz package of Linguine
8oz package of fresh sugar snap peas (frozen works too)
2 T peanut oil (can use veg. oil)
2 T soy sauce
1 T peanut butter
1 T lime juice
1 tsp chili garlic sauce (substitute 1/2 tsp chili powder and 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
cooked and chopped chicken
1/3 C chopped fresh cilantro

Cook Linguine in 2 quarts of boiling water. Cook as directed on box. Add sugar snap peas 2-3 minutes before Linguine should be done.
Combine oil, soy sauce, peanut butter, lime juice, and chili garlic sauce in small bowl. Drain pasta and return to pan. Pour sauce over pasta, add chicken, sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve while warm.
Serves about 4 - I like to double the recipe to have extra for lunch. Sometimes I put the chicken in the sauce mixture while the pasta cooks to get more flavor in the chicken.

Carly

No comments: