Sunday, November 9, 2008

Have You Ever Wanted To Eat A Cookie Pie?

There is a restaurant in Utah called The Dodoo or something like that, that serves this recipe. Someone told me about it and gave me the recipe. The other day I was making Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and noticed that there was a recipe on the back of the Nestle Toll House bag that reminded me of that yummy recipe. So, I made it on Friday and instead of using a pie crust I used a graham cracker crust. It still turned out mighty yummy and most of you will have all of the ingredients to make it.

NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Pie
Ingredients:
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell *
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts
Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
Directions:PREHEAT oven to 325° F. BEAT eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts. Spoon into pie shell. BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
NOTES: * If using frozen pie shell, use deep-dish style, thawed completely. Bake on baking sheet; increase baking time slightly.

2 comments:

carly said...

sounds super good. i don't have a deep dish pie dish though :(

Hallie Owens said...

You don't need one. I just bought a premade graham cracker crust at the grocery store and put it on a cookie sheet in case of spillage and it did not spill and worked out just fine. Try it! I dare you!