Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Grandma Maygren's Banana Bread

Grandma always had Banana Bread and cookies fresh from the oven when we went to her house!

This recipe makes 1 large loaf or 2 small ones

1/2 C margarine 
1 C sugar
2 eggs
2 C flour
3 mashed banana's
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 C choppped nuts

Cream butter and sugar together. Add beaten eggs and all other ingredients. 
Cook at 350 for 35-45 minutes*
(whenever I've cooked this the middle doesn't get done by the 45 minutes but the top does. So last time I put some foil on the top and cooked it another 15 or 20 minutes and just kept checking until the middle was cooked)

3 comments:

Hallie Owens said...

Thanks for putting this on here.

carly said...

sure thing! who doesn't LOVE grandma's banana bread anyway!?!?

When Two Became One said...

How is it that someone (such as you) can be so... amazing. I love you guys so much and I hope some day we can live close. You're an amazing sister, mother, wife, daughter and friend. I know you're shaking your head in disagreement but believe me this time ;-) P.S. keep posting recipes because I love them!!!